Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Classroom design

Does your classroom look a little like this right now?  


It's scary and overwhelming.  Where do I start?  What can I do?  Or even worse, having so many ideas and not knowing where to start!

This summer, I've been attending weekly trainings on our new teacher evaluation system.  One of the earlier trainings was on classroom design.  It got me thinking...  everything we set up in our classroom is for a purpose.  That is why it is so important to really reflect on the best way to set up your classroom (it also explains the nights I stay up rearranging furniture in my head).  Making it look nice is the easy part!  Here are some helpful links to get you thinking about your own unique classroom design.

Click the links below to read more about classroom design.  

Transforming Spaces

Classroom Arrangement

How fun is this!  Here are two mapping tools to set up your furniture.  You have to be a VISUAL learner to appreciate this!

Classroom Architect               Scholastic Tools

If you are fancy, you will love this blog.  What a great place for inspiration!

Schoolgirl Style






0 comments:

Post a Comment