Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday's Teacher Talk... Mrs. Dapcic!



What is your teaching background?
I taught second grade and pre-k in Chicago, Illinois. I have been teaching kindergarten inclusion at Richey Elementary for seven years.



              Where do you get your best ideas for teaching and learning?
I get my best ideas from my wonderful colleagues and friends, research based books, and Pinterest of course! I learn from my students everyday and they motivate me to think outside of the box. Everything I do and plan is for them, and I want it all to be meaningful.

What are some of your favorite organization strategies?
I love binders! I have an organizational binder for every subject, assessments, and just general “teacher stuff”. Even my students have their own organizational binders. I also like to keep my classroom organized by using lots of bins. Everything has it’s place and the students know how to help maintain our organized environment.



What do you do in your time away from school?
In my time away from school, I love to spend time with my family and friends. I enjoy making bows and crafts from Pinterest. I also love to bake cupcakes with my best friend Miss Cabral! I love to read books about teaching reading and of course some gossip magazines too!  I am always on the Internet looking up centers and lessons ideas for my classroom. I also like to update my classroom blog to keep my students’ families informed of the wonderful things their children are doing.


What are the must-haves in your classroom?
*Binders
*LOTS of books in my classroom library
*Labels on EVERYTHING
*Glitter
*Chocolate

Time for bragging!  Monika and I had the pleasure of attending the IRA conference a few years ago...  look who we got to meet!  



YES, that is Regie Routman's business card!!!  I think our excitement was making her a "bit" uncomfortable....  but she was so gracious to talk with us!  What an amazing speaker and writing teacher she is!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment